Saturday, March 28, 2009

Side effects of Pregnancy/What To Expect While Expecting

This morning while doing my daily routine brush teeth, wash face ect.. I noticed some little fuzz on my face. Afterwards I realized thats not a little fuzz thats hair. There are couple of strings of hair on my face. I'm scared to pluck it I fear it may grow longer and thicker. Right now I just have a few strands and hopefully it stays that way. In my pregnancy book "What To Expect While Expecting" it explained this hairy situation


"The bounteous circulation and increased metabolism caused by pregnancy hormones are nourishing your skin cells."
Then it goes on to say....
"The extra nourishment however can however cause hair to grown in places you rather it didn't. Facial areas lips, chin, cheeks are most commonly plagued with this pregnancy induced hirsutism, but arms legs and backs can be affected too. Much of the excess hair disappears within six months postpartum, though some may linger a linger longer."

No comments:

Post a Comment